1. Sourcing for and negotiation with new suppliers
2.Generate ongoing plans for continuous material price reductions (yearly targets to be defined during budget preparation phase)
3. Follow up on supplier performance; price competitiveness, Quality and service level (OTD)
4. Introducing and maintaining frame contracts with selected main suppliers
5.Responsibility for monitoring efficiency in utilization of selected raw materials
6. Manage “Make or Buy” analysis and conclusions.
7. Monitoring & managing fixed cost in own department acc. to budget
8. Preparation of yearly department budget
9.Continuous development of team skills, capabilities and spirit
10.Make and follow up rolling 12 months sourcing plan
11. According to the sourcing planning, develop new suppliers for all materials
12.Follow up on supplier performance prepared by Purchasing department; pri ce competitiveness, quality and service level (OTD)
1. Min. 3 year experience as Sourcing & Purchasing Manager in a manufacturing company, preferably in the furniture industry incl. responsibility for sourcing & procurement, negotiation and purchasing
2. Min. 3 year experience in an International Company Several years of experience with sourcing fabric, metal parts, wood parts (preferably in a sofa manufacturing company)
3. Minimum 3 years of experience as a merchant in a furniture company
1. Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) in reading, writing and verbally
2. Excellent in English in reading, writing and verbally
1. Good knowledge and skills in MS office and Outlook
2. Basic knowledge regarding King Dee ERP is an advantage
1.1 Educational and experience minimum demands
Have at least 5 years’ experience with furniture controlling, including at least 3 years’ experience with sofa factories;
Have great knowledge of modern furniture, especially upholstery products and manufacturing
Professional and technical education or background is an advantage. familiar with tests & quality standards and QA/QC Reports, CAP, PAP reports etc.
English to be mastered in writing ,reading and verbally.
1.2 General demands
Will be trained by Actona Direct Limited (ADL) (trading company of Actona China) QC team for two months, then start formally to work in Actona Seating Limited (ASL) full-time.
The job requires several travel days irregularly each month to suppliers in China.
The inspector will be reporting to ASL QA&QC Manager.
1.3 Most important personal characteristics
Thorough and persistent.
Dare take decisions (even unpopular decisions sometimes) and have willingness to follow decisions all the way Through：
Excellent communication skills.
Good sense of loyalty.
We offer a good salary matching your qualifications. We also offer a full insurance package and several other benefits matching your efforts. We are offering an interesting job in an international and team based environment.